Jim Stanley and Jack Goldsmith joined in Partnership in 1953, in the commercial bank chambers at 141 Hereford Street, Christchurch.
In November 1964 they shifted to Sladens building 131a Armagh Street.
Neville Whyte commenced practice from Cashel Street in 1957, shifted to Worcester Street and then to 90 Armagh Street in the Western Building Society building in 1967.
Neville Whyte retired from practice in 1975 due to ill health and his practice (Whyte & Partners) was purchased by Ian Fox and Roger Keys (Fox & Co). Neville later became Secretary of the NZ Fire Services Commission.
PKF Goldsmith Fox was formed in 1985 and resulted from a merger between Stanley & Goldsmith and Fox & Co.
Ian Fox retired from the Partnership in 1988 for health reasons and unfortunately died from motor neurone disease in 2001. Jack Goldsmith retired from the Partnership in 1993.
More about our history